Super Special, part of UNIFIED Music Group, is one of the leading music eCommerce businesses in Australia.
The business overseas the eComm operations for three well known music brands (24Hundred, Triple J, and ABC Shop), where they provide fans access to limited edition and exclusive items from some of the world’s most exciting bands. The dedicated team at Super Special work with artists, labels, promoters, licensors, venues and brands to drive acquisition & lifetime customer value through the creation of merchandise. With one of the most respected inhouse printing facilities in Australia, anything that is dreamt of being put on a shirt…we usually make it!
We believe in building a workplace that works for you. Some of the benefits that our people enjoy are:
– Benefits from the UNIFIED Perks Program. Partner discounts and access to tickets for some of the best concerts and festivals
– Access to the Employee Assistance Program to care for your wellbeing, all year round
Super Special, based in Brooklyn, has an opportunity for an experienced Quality Check (QC) & Packing Team Leader to backfill on a parental leave contract, full time for 6 months.
What does a day in the life look like as a QC Packing Team Leader at Super Special?
– Leading a team of dedicated warehouse superstars who love what they do- whilst having fun along the way
– Promoting and upholding company performance standards and ideology (on time delivery, quality, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, housekeeping & work ethic)
– Leading operational excellence and culture with the following attitudes: High productivity, High effectiveness, High efficiency
– Working with Production Manager on daily/weekly work in progress including rostering requirements for team
– Implementing company policy with regard to production targets and quality standards (packing lists)
– Maintaining our chargeable output by maximising use of available resources
– Assignment of production tasks & daily goals to production team
– Coaching team members, supervising their training & assessment
– Conducting checks and reporting on worker safety and equipment operation
– Use of best practice in apparel and general stock handling methods.
– Reporting consumable stock on hand levels and receivable stock discrepancy to Production Manager
– Receiving, count-in/out, despatch and reporting methods
We are looking for candidates that have;
– Leadership; love leading a team to drive high performance & results; whilst having fun along the way. Previous experience as a QC & Packing Team Leader highly advantageous
– Flexibility: remains open minded and adapts quickly based on new information, adapts to varying stakeholder needs, performs a wide variety of tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change
– Initiative and creativity: demonstrate a willingness to experiment and try new things, plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, able to challenge conventional practices and pursues ongoing system improvement
– Good judgement: makes sound, evidence-based decisions, analyses problems skilfully and uses logic to reach conclusions
– Ability to work with minimal supervision: Ability to operate independently and demonstrate leadership in assigned portfolio areas
– Determined: Shows persistence to continue working for solutions in the face of resistance
– Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, taking initiative and with the ability to work to deadlines in a collaborate, professional and confident manner across a busy, team-based environment
Why work with us?
We’re proud to be part of UNIFIED Music Group, a globally renowned multi-service music company. UNIFIED brings together creative talent, entrepreneurs, and team members in an environment where they can thrive. With its head office based in the heartbeat of Melbourne’s live music scene, Richmond, UNIFIED continues to pursue its global vision and now houses teams in Sydney, Los Angeles, and London. Guided by its people’s deep passion for music, artists and the independent music community, UNIFIED leads a professional, innovative, and motivated team to achieve extraordinary results.
Guided by our deep passion for music, artists and the independent music community, we lead a professional, innovative and motivated team to achieve those extraordinary results.
Our culture is collaborative, flexible, inclusive and diverse. We care deeply about our people, and the legacy we are creating for the next generation.
Equal Opportunity and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer, with a focus on ensuring that we are engaging with and supporting the local and international communities which are close to the heart of the UNIFIED Music Group Impact Committee.
UNIFIED Music Group & Super Special are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.