The business overseas the eCom operations for three well known music brands (24Hundred, Triple J, andABC Shop), where they provide fans access to limited edition and exclusive items from some of the worlds most exciting bands. The dedicated team at Super Special work with artists, labels, promoters, licensors, venues and brands to drive acquisition & lifetime customer value through the creation of merchandise. With one of the most respected inhouse printing facilities in Australia, anything that is dreamt of being put on a shirt…we usually make it!
We believe in building a workplace that works for you. Some of the benefits that our people enjoy are:
– Benefits from the UNIFIED Perks Program. Partner discounts and access to tickets for some of the best concerts and festivals.
– Access to wellbeing initiatives all year round
– Access to training and development initiatives to help you upskill and grow.
Super Special, based in Brooklyn, is seeking a Full-time Screen Build & Print Operator.
As a member of the Print Production team, reporting directly to the Senior Screen Printer, you will be responsible for building screens using the two main exposure methods at Super Special, owning the screen library and managing screen numbers and reclaiming as needed.
As a Screen Build & Print Operator, you will be responsible for various tasks involved in the screen printing process.
Your key areas of accountability will include:
– Exposing film to screen and ensuring appropriate mesh for exposure using film or i-image.
– Washing out and drying printed screens and preparing them for print.
– Preparing inks for print runs and updating all related paperwork.
– Assisting screen printers as needed and loading/unloading garments for printing.
– Comparing ink prepared for print runs with the master color swatch to ensure accuracy.
– Inspecting products for defects and communicating with screen printers for adjustments.
– Cleaning, storing, and reclaiming screens based on demand.
– Following the production calendar to identify priority jobs for preparation.
– Adhering to occupational health and safety (OH&S) practices in the work area.
– Setting up and running inside neck print machine where required.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
– Ensuring timely and thorough screen cleaning and reclamation.
– Maintaining high-quality standards in screen preparation and cataloging.
– Following the production calendar and preparing jobs in advance when applicable.
– Preparing inks and screens for production.
– Following management directives.
– Supervising and training junior team.
– Operating manual and semi-automatic printing machines.
– Adhering to preventative maintenance schedules.
We are looking for candidates who have:
– Experience in screen build, reclaim, and coat techniques, including film exposure and I-Image print to screen and exposure highly regarded.
– Proficiency in reclaiming and using enamel coating machinery.
– Skilful preparation, testing, and troubleshooting of print applications using water-base, plastisol, and hybrid co-solvent ink systems.
– Thorough understanding of printable textile substrates and industry-leading print quality standards.
Why work with us?
We’re proud to be part of UNIFIED Music Group, a globally renowned multi-service music company. UNIFIED brings together creative talent, entrepreneurs, and team members in an environment where they can thrive. With its head office based in the heartbeat of Melbourne’s live music scene, Richmond, UNIFIED continues to pursue its global vision and now houses teams in Sydney, Los Angeles, and London. Guided by its people’s deep passion for music, artists and the independent music community, UNIFIED leads a professional, innovative, and motivated team to achieve extraordinary results. Guided by our deep passion for music, artists and the independent music community, we lead a professional, innovative and motivated team to achieve those extraordinary results.
Our culture is collaborative, flexible, inclusive and diverse. We care deeply about our people, and the legacy we are creating for the next generation.
Equal Opportunity and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer, with a focus on ensuring that we are engaging with and supporting the local and international communities which are close to the heart of the UNIFIED Music Group Impact Committee.
UNIFIED Music Group & Super Special are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.